The Mercury Dime gained its nickname because the image of Liberty on the obverse, wearing a winged cap, was confused for the Roman god Mercury. This is a stunning example for a high grade set of Mercury Dimes!
- Contains .0723 oz of Silver.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the condition of the coin.
- Designed by Adolph A. Weinman
- Obverse: Representation of Liberty with wings in her hair symbolizing Liberty of Thought.
- Reverse: Shows a bundle of rods with a battle ax, surrounded by an olive branch known as a fasces.
- Features San Francisco’s “S” mintmark on the reverse.
Protect your investment in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
Add this certified 1940-S Mercury Dime to your cart today!