1953 thru 1953-C $2.00 U.S. Notes Red Seal AU
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the note shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsAlmost uncirculated 1953 $2 Red Seals! The series you receive will be of our choosing from 1953 through 1953-C, determined by stock on hand.
- These $2 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1953.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Average circulated notes from series 1953 through 1953-C.
- These notes will be in Almost Uncirculated condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Thomas Jefferson on the front with an engraving of his Virginia home, Monticello on the back.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $2 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960's when the denomination was discontinued. The deuce was revived in 1976 as a Federal Reserve Note. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers make them great collector items.
Series 1953 $2 United States Notes were printed in large numbers, and they saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960's. These $2 Red Seals are popular with collectors! Series 1953 through 1953-C of our choice and limited to available inventory.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.