- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Fine condition.
- Plain edges, with ABC monogram (printed by the American Banknote Company).
- This is the straight edge type with the ABC monogram on back which denotes this as Friedberg #1281.
- Face: Displays 5 of the very popular Thomas Jefferson 5 cent issue that utilizes the same portrait that was on the 5 cent postage stamps of the era. First issue fractional currency was actually labeled postage currency due to the design on the front.
- Back: Black printing of the obligation at center surrounding a large numeral “25” with an intricate engraving.
- This is listed as FR #1281.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
These were issued starting in 1862 to help alleviate the shortage of coins due to public hoarding caused by the Civil War. Add this first issue fractional (postage) currency of 25 cents to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.