The U.S. Mint's First Spouse series features each of the First Ladies that have graced the White House. This issue, graded a perfect MS-70 by NGC, honors Dolley Madison.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Encapsulation by NGC guarantees and protects the Proof-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Bust of Dolley Madison.
- Reverse: Depicts Dolley Madison’s famous courage act, where she is forced to flee the white house but was able to save important documents and a Gilbert Stuart portrait of George Washington.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your Dolley Madison coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential "First Ladies" who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse Coin to your cart today!
In addition to being the wife of James Madison, Dolley Madison was instrumental in fundraising for the Lewis and Clark expedition of the newly-acquired Louisiana Territory. Dolley is most famous for saving many important Cabinet papers and the well-known Gilbert Stuart portrait of George Washington when the British burned the White House during the War of 1812.