1982-JE5742 Israel 1/2 oz Gold Medal Baron de Rothschild Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
The 34th anniversary of Israeli independence is commemorated with this Gold issue depicting the Baron Edmond De Rothschild with the inscription in Hebrew, "Father of the Jewish Settlement".
- Contains .5 oz actual Gold weight.
- Limited mintage of 4,875.
- Obverse: Depicts a portrait of Edmond de Rothschild and legend in Hebrew translating to "Father of the Settlements".
- Reverse: In the center State Emblem above legend in Hebrew and English "Baron Edmond de Rothschild 1845-1934". Surrounding legend in Hebrew and English "Centenary of his first settlement activities in Eretz Israel" and "Israel 1982" in Arabic, English and Hebrew.
- Struck at the Royal Canadian Mint for the government of Israel.
Protect your Proof medals from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This beautiful Gold medal of Baron de Rothschild is rarely offered. Add it to your collection today!
Historians of the Jewish settlement in Palestine have awarded the Baron Edmond (Abraham Benjamin) Rothschild the titles of "the famous contributor" and "the Father of the Settlements". His involvement in the rebuilding of Palestine began in 1882. Since then he continued to donate some of his wealth to the establishment of agricultural settlements in Palestine. ("I could have chosen cheaper peasants, but I chose the Jewish peasants.")
He took under his wing the settlement effort: prop up those about to collapse; establish new ones. In 1924 he set up "PICA" which, under the supervision of his son, James Rothschild, continued to manage agricultural settlements and other economic enterprises he had formed, and to assist in the establishment of new settlements.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.