This Fractional note is a Ten Cent denomination from the fifth issue, and features a portrait of William Meredith, Secretary of the Treasury 1849-1850. Affordable note for a fractional type set!
- Red seal with a short, thick key.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is a nice example in Very Fine condition.
- Face: A portrait of William Meredith, Secretary of the Treasury (1849-1850) at left.
- Back: Green printing of the obligation at right with an intricate border with the numeral “10” and Roman Numeral “X” at the corners.
- Allison/Spinner signatures—Friedberg #1266.
These Fractional Currency notes come from an era when coins did not circulate and other means were used to fill that gap for everyday transactions in commerce. Add this 5th Issue Fractional Currency of 10 Cents to your order today!