This beautiful set includes all four sizes (1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz) of the 2008 Gold Buffalo, the only year fractional sizes were produced. All four coins have been graded a perfect 70 by NGC.
- Contains a total of 1.85 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of each coin.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Features the West Point Mint's "W" mintmark.
Protect and display your 4-Coin Gold Buffalo Set in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The classic Gold Buffalo set gains even more collectibility since 2008 was the only year that fractional Gold Buffalos were issued. Add this NGC certified 4-Coin Gold Buffalo Set to your cart today!
The design of this Gold bullion coin is based on James Earle Fraser’s iconic and wildly popular 1913 Buffalo Nickel. The obverse of the coin depicts the profile of a Native American man who was modeled after three different chiefs from Native American tribes: Lakota chief Iron Tail, Cheyenne chief Two Moons and Seneca chief John Big Tree. The reverse of the coin features the classic buffalo designed after Black Diamond, a 1,550-pound bison that lived in New York City’s Central Park Zoo in the early 1900s.
American Gold Buffalos are struck at the West Point Mint in New York. Known as the “Fort Knox of Silver”, the West Point Mint produces all American Eagle coins in Gold, Silver and Platinum as well as all Gold and some Silver commemorative coins.