2009 Mexico 1 kilo Silver Libertad Proof Like (w/Box & COA)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsKilo Libertads are highly sought after and hard to find! The Libertad is Mexico's treasure coin and is minted at Casa de Moneda de Mexico, the oldest mint in North America, established in 1535.
- Contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in a plastic capsule and in a high-quality wood presentation box, all in a protective outer box.
- Each coin includes a serial-numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Total mintage of only 1,700.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Casa de Moneda de Mexico has also included a small leatherette booklet containing historical data about the Mexican Mint and the history of the Libertad Series.
This truly is a collector's dream and definitely a must-have! Add this 2009 kilo Prooflike Silver Libertad to your cart today.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
The Mexican Libertad Kilograms are one of the most beautiful and impressive coins you can have in your collection. Every person I show these to is WOWed by the weight and quality of these coins. Add to this the fact that in 2009 they only minted 1,700 of these coins and you have a fantastic investment! The only con to this item is that I want to keep it out and display it, but that's not very secure. I love this coin so much that I would like to just keep the box sitting out and opened with the coin in it's capsule on display. However, since I would hate for it to disappear, I just have to take it out everyday and look at it along with my other kilograms. Google the story of the two mountains shown on this coin for a fantastic legend that makes the libertad coins even more endearing. If you would like to know the story just google " The Legend of Popocatepetl and Iztaccihuatl."
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Attractive Design
- Easy to Sell
- Impessive Craftsmanship
- Recognized Brand
This is a very beautiful coin - more accurately a metallic sculpture. It is sure to appreciate in value. Like APMEX this coin is a class act. THANKS! Rick Warner
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.