2008-W 1 oz Gold Buffalo MS-70 PCGS (FS, Registry Set)
Rollover to Zoom
The product pictured is the exact product you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Why Buy Gold
With a mintage of only 9,074, the burnished 1 oz 2008 Buffalo is the lowest mintage of the popular Buffalo series regardless of size, finish, or date. Only 195 coins have been certified MS-70 First Strike by PCGS.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- This key to the Buffalo series has a mintage of only 9,074, and a Population of 196 coins at this grade level with 0 graded higher.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of each coin.
- First Strike designation is given to coins shipped within the first 30 days of release, making these coins very scarce and unlikely to increase appreciably in population in the future.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Features the West Point Mint's "W" mintmark and a unique burnished finish.
Protect and display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
2008 was the only year the U.S. Mint produced Buffalos with a burnished finish. This low-mintage, low-population coin is a great modern rarity. Add this PCGS certified Buffalo to your cart today!
* Population figures provided by PCGS as of July 2016.
Buffalo Gold Coin InvestmentsIf you are interested in investing in Gold or Silver, you might consider Buffalo Gold or other U.S. Mint Gold. These items hold their value well and you can often purchase them at low premium over spot. Additionally, the Professional Coin Grading Service has given these Gold Buffalo coins a perfect 70 score and a Mint State designation. I will brave the weather for you!
Buffalo Gold Coin CollectionsSome people love coins because of their beauty and rarity. If you want to hold on to your Gold Buffalo, Gold bullion, Silver bullion and other coins, find a way to keep them safe in your home. Store them in albums or boxes and keep them safely tucked away. Now that you know what to expect from Gold Buffalo coins, you can start picking them up at APMEX. Our extensive inventory and offer of free shipping ensure our customers receive exactly what they want as quickly as possible. Featuring an American historical icon, the Gold Buffalo coins are some of the most collectible coins in the world.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||W - West Point|
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.