The obverse of Van Buren’s Liberty coin contains an image of Liberty taken from a coin minted during his presidency. In this case, it is the Liberty Seated Dime issued between 1837 and 1891. This coin is graded PR-69 by PCGS.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the PR-69 Deep Cameo condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Displays a reproduction of the Seated Liberty design of the era.
- Reverse: Here, young Martin was exposed to political ideology at an early age, as local and state politicians would often gather at the Van Buren establishment as they traveled between the cities of his youth.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add these 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coins to your cart today!
Born in New York in December of 1782, Martin Van Buren holds the distinction of being the first president to be born in a newly independent Nation. His family operated a tavern in the town of Kinderhook, a primarily Dutch enclave located on the post road between New York City and Albany.