Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsDesigned by Canadian artist Pamela Stagg, this Gold coin is .99999 fine, the highest standard of fine Gold available in the world.
- Contains 1.1254 oz of .99999 fine Gold.
- Coin is numbered 977 of 1,400 that were released from the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Coin comes in a plastic capsule inside a mint issued box with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: A beautiful depiction of a Purple Violet.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your investments from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this Proof Gold $350 Purple Violet coin to your cart today!
Violets aren't always "violet." Sometimes they are yellow, white or blue, not surprising considering there are more than 500 species of violets worldwide, more than sixty of them in North America. The purple violet was chosen as New Brunswick's floral emblem in 1936 through a co-operative effort between the province's Women's Institutes and school children. Although numerous violets bloom in purple, Viola cucullata is recognized as the province's official species.
This particular violet is identified by the thick, rounded hairs on the beards of the lower side petals. Also known as the marsh blue violet, the purple violet is found primarily in wet meadows and bogs from Newfoundland to northwestern Ontario. Today, people generally cherish it for its beauty, but New Brunswick's floral emblem has long been valued by Canada's aboriginal people as a food source and by European settlers for its medicinal properties.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.