First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse coin pays tribute to the accomplishments of the beloved Julia Grant.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Julia Grant.
- Reverse: Captures the courtship of a young Julia Dent and Ulysses S. Grant, horseback riding at her family's plantation, White Haven.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Julia Grant Gold Coin to your cart today!
Julia Dent Grant met future Union General and President Ulysses S. Grant at her affluent family's plantation, White Haven and was engaged in 1844, and married four years later. During the Civil War, she moved her home often to be as close to her husband as possible while he commanded the Union forces. Julia was at his side as he rose to be one of the most famous generals in American history and, ultimately, the 18th President.