As James Buchanan never married, this First Spouse coin displays a reproduction of Lady Liberty from the Liberty Head Quarter Eagle. This coin has been graded MS-70 by NGC.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the MS-70 condition.
- Obverse: Image of Lady Liberty from the Liberty Head Quarter Eagle designed by Christian Gobrecht, minted and issued from 1840 through 1907.
- Reverse: Depicts the future President as a boy working as a bookkeeper in his family's small country store.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Beautifully display your certified Gold coin by adding a presentation box to your order.
Add this Buchanan's Liberty First Spouse coin to your cart today!
James Buchanan's First Spouse coin is unusual. Buchanan is the only president to never marry. James Buchanan's Presidency was rife with turmoil. He is known as the President who did nothing to stop the Civil War. Feeling the issue of slavery could be resolved by the U.S. Supreme Court, James allowed Americans to divide themselves. Buchanan denied states the right to secede, but admitted the federal government could not legally stop them. Buchanan then took a "policy of inactivity" and left the largest mess ever seen by the U.S. to his successor, Abraham Lincoln.