2008-W 1 oz Gold Buffalo SP/MS-70 PCGS (Black Diamond)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
With a mintage of only 9,074, the 2008 Burnished 1 oz Gold Buffalo is the lowest mintage coin of the entire Buffalo series. This coin is one of few graded a perfect 70 by PCGS, and even fewer with the popular Black Diamond label.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 9,074 coins, and a Population of 457 coins at this grade level with 0 graded higher.
- Black Diamond label pays tribute to this coin's historic design.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: Features an American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Burnished Gold Buffalos add a new beauty to this popular coin design. Add this low-population 2008-W 1 oz Burnished Gold Buffalo to your cart today!
Note: PCGS has used both the SP and MS designation to refer to burnished coins at various times. These designations are identical in meaning and value in this context, and coins in this listing may have either.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||W - West Point|
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.