2008-W 4-Coin Gold Buffalo Set MS-70 PCGS (FS, Registry Set)
Rollover to Zoom
The product pictured is the exact product you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe Gold Buffalo was offered in burnished finish and fractional sizes for one year only. This set contains all four of the burnished Buffalos, among the lowest mintages of the series, each graded MS-70 by PCGS with the scarce First Strike designation.
- Contains a total of 1.85 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- 1 oz coin - mintage of 9,074, population of 195*
- 1/2 oz coin - mintage of 16,908, population of 169*
- 1/4 oz coin - mintage of 9,949, population of 469*
- 1/10 oz coin - mintage of 17,429, population of 433*
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of each coin.
- First Strike designation is given to coins shipped within the first 30 days of release, makes these coins very scarce and unlikely to increase appreciably in population in the future.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Features the West Point Mint's "W" mintmark.
2008 was the only year the U.S. Mint produced Buffalos in either fractional sizes or burnished finish. This low-mintage, low-population set is a great modern rarity. Add this PCGS certified 4-Coin Gold Buffalo Set to your cart today!
* Population figures provided by PCGS as of July 2016.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.