2008-W 4-Coin Gold Buffalo Set SP/MS-70 PCGS (Black Diamond)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
The Gold Buffalo was offered in a burnished finish and fractional sizes for one year only. This set contains all four of the burnished Buffalos, among the lowest mintages of the series, each graded MS-70 by PCGS.
- Contains a total of 1.85 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- 1 oz coin mintage of 9,074
- 1/2 oz coin - mintage of 16,908
- 1/4 oz coin - mintage of 9,949
- 1/10 oz coin - mintage of 17,429
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of each coin.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Features the West Point Mint's "W" mintmark.
2008 was the only year the U.S. Mint produced Buffalos in either fractional sizes or a burnished finish. This low-mintage, low-population set is a great modern rarity. Add this PCGS certified 4-Coin Gold Buffalo Set to your cart today!
Note: Due to changing policies at PCGS, these burnished coins may be designated as either "MS" or "SP" 70, depending on when they were graded. These designations are identical in both meaning and value.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.