Mintage of just 1,500 coins! This Proof Gold coin, which contains .920 fine Gold, is part of the “From Clovis to the Republic – 1,500 Years of French History” series. This series debuted in 2011 and pays tribute to the key French sovereigns.
- Contains .23 ounce of Gold.
- Comes in a box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 1,500 coins.
- Obverse: Features a portrait of the king Hugues Capet wearing the Capetian crown. Capet’s name is inscribed along the edge of this Gold coin.
- Reverse: Depicts the symbol of the Capetian dynasty; the hand of justice representing the righteous and religious power of the king appears on the reverse of this Gold coin. Also listed on the reverse are the dates of Capet’s reign, the initials RF for Republique Francaise and the face value, 50 euros.
- Guaranteed by the Monnaie de Paris.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any coin collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2012 1/4 oz Proof Gold €50 Legendary Collection Hugues Capet coin to your cart today!
This Proof Gold 50 Euro coin, is part of the “From Clovis to the Republic – 1,500 Years of French History” series. Three coins are released per year, and this issue, honors Hugues Capet (940-996). Capet founded the Capetian dynasty which would last for more than eight centuries and is the largest and oldest European royal house!