PCGS, one of the top two coin grading services, has guaranteed the Perfect Proof-70 condition of this coin, adding collectability to the beloved design. The holder features the special Edmund Moy signed label.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Struck on a 4 mm thick planchet in Ultra High Relief.
- PCGS encapsulation of MS-70 Proof Like authenticates and protects the condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Shows Lady Liberty striding in front of the sun's rays with a fiery torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left
- Reverse: Features a majestic bald eagle in flight with "United States of America" and "Twenty Dollars" above and "In God We Trust" below.
- Minted at the West Point facility in New York.
Protect your Ultra High Relief Double Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Enhance your collection by adding this 2009 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle to your cart today!
Coins minted from 1986 through 1991 are dated with Roman numerals whereas every 1 oz Gold American Eagle minted after 1992 is branded with Arabic numerals. These Gold bullion coins are available in multiple sizes including 1/10 troy oz, 1/4 troy oz, 1/2 troy oz and 1 troy oz. Each piece is identical in design save the markings on the reverse side of the coin that indicate its weight and face value.
In 1933, because of the Great Depression, the United States government made it illegal for citizens to hold monetary Gold. Citizens were required to sell their Gold certificates, coins, and bullion to the U.S. Treasury save a few exceptions including jewelry and numismatic coins. In 1975, private ownership of Gold was again made legal and in 1986, American mints began to make bullion coins. Pursuant to the Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985, these coins are made exclusively from American Gold.
The coin is minted at the West Point Mint in New York. The mint deals in large amounts of Precious Metals and is responsible for striking all proof and uncirculated American Eagles in Gold, Silver, and Platinum as well as all Gold commemorative coins.