First Ladies have made many contributions to their husband's presidency. This First Spouse release pays tribute to the accomplishments of Lucretia Garfield. This coin is graded PF-70 by NGC.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation guarantees and protects the PF-70 Ultra Cameo condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Lucretia Garfield.
- Reverse: Lucretia and James built a large home in Washington and set aside one room in the house for herself, where she was able to paint and draw in private. The reverse design represents Lucretia Garfield's interest in art and features her painting on a canvas with brush and palette in hand.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Protect and display your 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These coins honor Presidential “First Ladies” who have added so much to our country. Add these 1/2 oz Gold First Spouse coins to your cart today!
Lucretia Rudolph Garfield was born on April 19, 1832, in Garrettsville, Ohio. She first met future President "Jim" Garfield when both attended a nearby school, and they renewed their friendship in 1851 as students at the Western Reserve Eclectic Institute. The couple married in 1858.