Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
These MS-70 PCGS coins have a much lower population than the raw coins, with 293 FS MS-70 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect MS-70 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Portrays a sitting kookaburra against the backdrop of it's natural habitat. The inscription "Australian Kookaburra", The Perth Mint's "P" mintmark and the 2012 year-date are also included in the design and includes the Dragon Privy mark.
- Sovereign Silver coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2012 Silver Kookaburra not only features a gorgeous design, they are also produced in limited mintages creating a great collectible opportunity. Add the 2012 1 oz Silver Kookaburra graded MS-70 First Strike by PCGS to your cart today!
The Australian Silver Kookaburra series from the Perth Mint began in 1990 and is the longest-running bullion program from the mint. Each year has a different design of a kookaburra on the reverse.
The laughing Kookaburra is the largest member of the kingfisher species, and a bird synonymous with the Australian bush. This bird species is indigenous to Australia and is known for their call, which is said to sound like echoing human laughter.
Not only are designs changed on the bullion coins each year, the Proof designs vary each year as well. Historically, the mintage of each 1 oz bullion Silver Kookaburra coin has been a maximum of 300,000 coins. However, in 2011 the maximum mintage was moved to 500,000 coins to accommodate the very high demand for this series. Compared to other Silver bullion coin series, this mintage is still very small and has helped ensure the collectibility of each coin.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.