Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis United States America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin™ Program features Chaco Canyon National Park. This coin contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver and is graded MS-69 PL by PCGS with the First Strike and Edmund Moy attributes.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the near perfect MS-69 First Strike grade of the coin and bears a label hand-signed by Edmund Moy, then-Director of the U.S. Mint.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Similar to the Washington quarter featuring the text "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Features a view to the west of two elevated kivas that are part of the Chetro Ketl Complex. Inscriptions are “Chaco Culture,” “New Mexico,” “2012” and “E Pluribus Unum.”
- Rim is engraved with weight and purity of the coin.
Protect and display your ATB in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
These popular and highly collectible 5 oz America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coin series have captured the imagination of investors and collectors alike. Add this gorgeous coin to your collection today!
This Chaco Culture coin is the 2nd of 5 America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver bullion coins to be released by the U.S. Mint in 2012 and the 12th overall in the series. Personally hand signed by Edmund Moy, the 38th Director of the U.S. Mint. This coin honors the Chaco Culture National Historical Park in New Mexico, which covers 34,000 acres and was the cultural epicenter of the Ancient Pueblo Peoples between 850 and 1150 A.D. Chaco Canyon is known for its "Great Houses,” distinctive architecture which features many petroglyphs and pictographs, and kivas, or ceremonial structures. The Chacoan sites are a part of a larger network of Native Americans which included the Pueblo, Hopi and Navajo tribes. The canyon was the center of a system of communities linked across 40,000 square miles in the American southwest.
Chaco Canyon was first established as a national site on March 11, 1907. The reverse of the Silver coin illustrates two of the elevated kivas that are part of the Chetro Ketl Great House as well as the north walls of both the Chetro Ketl and the canyon. Listed on the reverse are the phrases “Chaco Culture,” “New Mexico” and “E Pluribus Unum,” as well as the year of issue, 2012.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+™, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||Not Shown - Philadelphia|
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.