With a mintage of 9,074, the 2008-W 1 oz Gold Buffalo is the scarcest piece of the entire Buffalo series to date. This coin has been graded a perfect MS-70 by NGC, and bears the Early Releases designation.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the coin's perfect MS-70 condition.
- The Early Releases designation certifies that this coin was received within the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- A Population of 2,560 coins at this grade level with 0 graded higher.
- This 2008-W Buffalo is minted with a special burnished finish, only available in 2008.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of an American Indian in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: the American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Gold Buffalo in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This burnished Gold Buffalo is one of the harder-to-find coins in this highly collectible series, especially in perfect MS-70 condition. Add this 2008-W Gold Buffalo to your cart today!