- Product Details
Product DetailsStunning high end example of a 1923-D $20 Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle.
- Mintage of 1,702,250 coins.
- Contains .9675 oz actual Gold weight.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the MS-67 condition of the coin.
- Obverse: Shows Lady Liberty striding in front of the sun's rays with a fiery torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Features a majestic bald eagle in flight with "United States of America" and "Twenty Dollars" above.
- Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and minted from 1907-1933.
- U.S. Mint issue from the following mints: Philadelphia, Denver or San Francisco.
Protect your Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
NGC has guaranteed the Gem Brilliant Mint State-67 condition of this coin, adding collectibility to the beloved design. Enhance your collection by adding this $20 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!
In 1907 Augustus Saint-Gaudens redesigned the $20 piece, employing as the obverse motif the figure of Miss Liberty striding forward. The initial 1907 Saint-Gaudens design was struck in high relief, giving the coins an almost sculptured appearance. The date was expressed in Roman numerals, MCMVII. Some 11,250 of these coins were struck, after which the design was modified to a shallow format to permit production on high speed coinage presses. It is a tribute to Saint-Gaudens that when the mint in 1986 decided to create bullion-type Gold coins, it could not improve upon what Saint-Gaudens did in 1907, and it resurrected his design, even using updated Roman numerals.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.