- Product Details
Product DetailsThis fifth release in the Royal Canadian Mint's series celebrating Canada's Chinese communities features a number of traditional good luck symbols. Just 8,888 of these .9999 fine Silver coins were minted, adding further luck and collectible appeal.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes encapsulated in a maroon clamshell case protected by a black sleeve.
- Mintage of 8,888 coins, as 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture.
- Obverse: Features the Susanna Blunt-likeness of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Displays Canadian artist Simon Ng's stylized elephant design. Each element of the design, from the elephant itself, to the chrysanthemum on its ear, the vase on its back and the flowers and vines surrounding the elephant, each symbolize good fortune.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
This beautiful, low mintage Silver coin would be an ideal gift for a loved one upon whom you wish to bestow good luck and fortune. Add this 2013 1 oz Silver Maple of Good Fortune coin to your cart today!
The long trunk of the stylized elephant is coiled beneath its neck in a gesture symbolic of longevity. Its ear is decorated with a chrysanthemum, symbolizing ease and good fortune. On the elephant’s back is a vase decorated in elegant detail with various flowers.
Beneath the elephant’s belly, the Chinese characters for “peace” are engraved. The elephant and vase are surrounded by various stylized flowers on vines. Each type of flower blooms at a different time through the year, extending the blessing offered by the coin to mean “may this blessing continue throughout the year.”
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.