Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThis Gold Solidus was issued by the Byzantine Empire which formed out of the eastern half of the Roman Empire after the latters collapse. The name was derived from its capital city Byzantium, which later became Constantinople (modern day Istanbul).
- Byzantine Empire Gold struck during the joint reign of the Emperors Constans II and Constantine IV (A.D. 654-668).
- Coin weighs approx. 4.3 grams.
- Certified and authenticated as being in Mint State condition by NGC.
- Strike 4/5, Surface 5/5.
- Obverse: Shows a fully bearded Constans at left, with Constantine next to him.
- Reverse: Features a cross potent atop three steps. Two phrases are also shown on the reverse: "CONOB" which is an abbreviation of the Greek for "Byzantine coinage," and "VICTORIA AVGY."
Protect and display your Constans II and Constantine IV coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this Mint State Byzantine Empire Gold coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.