Ottoman Empire Copper Mangir AH1099/1687
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
This Copper coin was produced by the Ottoman Empire during the reign of Suleiman II as a necessity after long periods of war left the empire short of Precious Metals. The coin incorporates the Tughra, which would be used on many Ottoman & Turkish coins.
- Copper coin from the Ottoman Empire (modern-day Turkey).
- Comes housed in a deluxe folder with an in-depth history of the era and a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Calligraphic monogram design (tughra), official insignia of the Turkish sultan.
- Reverse: Lists the date and mint name.
- Struck at the Constantinople Mint.
This Copper coin would make a great addition to any ancient coin collection. Add this Ottoman Empire Copper Mangir to your cart today!
Listed in Krause as KM#87.2.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Nov 30, 2018
Given my appreciation for the Byzantine empire, it would be a great remiss for me to not "see the other side of the coin". In this case the empire that destroyed them. The Ottoman empire destroyed the Byzantine empire and its a nice companion piece to my byzantine coins.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.