- Product Details
Product DetailsMintage of 5,000 per coin! The kangaroo, koala and kookaburra are the most iconic of Australia’s fauna.
- Contains a total of 1.5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- This three-coin collection is presented in a prestigious display case with an illustrated shipper and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Issued as Australian legal tender, each coin's obverse bears the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: The kangaroo portrays a colored image of a kangaroo set against a wheat field and rural scene. The koala depicts a image of an adult koala sitting on a colored branch of a eucalyptus tree surrounded by gum leaves. The kookaburra reverse portrays an image of a kookaburra perched on a colored tree branch among native flowers.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this beautiful set to your cart today!
The kangaroo represents Australia all around the world. This magnificent creature is designed to hop great distances required for survival in the outback, where water and vegetation can sometimes be scarce. The kangaroo also comes with a ready-made pouch so that it can carry and nurture its young while on the move.
Like the kangaroo, the koala symbolizes all things Australian. Often thought to be a member of the bear family, the koala is really a marsupial, with a pouch for its young. In the outback, this wonderful creature has adapted to the country’s extreme conditions by spending its life in trees and feeding on eucalyptus leaves. It’s a little known fact that the koala’s fingerprints are remarkably similar to those of human beings.
The Australian kookaburra is world-renowned for its laughing call, which can be heard usually at sunrise and sunset. The eerie laughing has found its way into popular culture, which makes this bird even more unique. Related to the kingfisher family, the extraordinary kookaburra is actually a carnivore and extremely territorial. The sound of kookaburras singing in a dawn chorus, in the Australian outback, is a truly incredible experience.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.