Celebrating the nine federal provinces of Austria, each 10 euro Silver coin in the Austrian Mint’s series "Austria by its Children" reproduces the winning design from a competition in which school children were asked to draw their home province.
- Contains .4758 oz of fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a capsule, mint box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of just 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: Designed by chief designer Thomas Pesendorfer, the coin’s obverse shows the magical Historic Centre and Schloss Eggenberg UNESCO World Heritage Site of the provincial capital, Graz. Some of the city’s other landmarks, such as its clock tower, town hall, mausoleum dome and baroque church tower.
- Reverse: Depicted by ten-year-old Viktoria Reicht from Kirchbach in Steiermark (Styria) and features the forests, apples and pumpkins for which her home province, the “green heart of Austria”, is famous.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Handle your coin with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful Silver coin to your cart today!
Minted and packed at the Austrian Mint, this beautiful coin is the fruit of the very highest production standards and comes in Special Uncirculated quality in Silver and Circulation quality in copper, each with different packaging.
The Vienna Mint was originally situated near Hoher Merkt and later at various locations in Vienna. Since the first half of the 19th century, the mint has been housed in Heumarkt in central Vienna, where coins are still struck to this day. Minting facilities opened throughout Austria until 1918 when the Republic of Austria was formed and the Vienna Principal Mint became the singular minting facility. In 1989, the name officially changed to the Austrian Mint and became a subsidiary of the Austrian National Bank.
One of the Austrian Mint’s most recognized coins is the Maria Teresa Thaler, which is not simply a famous Silver coin, but one that boasts the greatest number minted. Another prime example of the mint’s international success is the Gold Philharmonic, one of the most popular Gold bullion coins worldwide. The Gold Philharmonic has played a vital role in developing the Austrian Mint into a highly successful company. The Austrian Mint’s beautifully crafted coins are minted in the heart of Vienna and are sought after by investors and collectors around the world.