- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Comes in an original box from the U.S. Mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the bust of former First Lady Ellen Wilson.
- Reverse: Depicts an image of roses with the White House in the background, a tribute to Mrs. Wilson's creation of the White House Rose Garden.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
- Weight and purity guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This series of coins honors Presidential First Ladies who have added so much to our country. Add this 1/2 oz Ellen Wilson Gold coin to your cart today!
Ellen Axson was the first wife of President Woodrow Wilson, whom she first met when she was a baby and Woodrow was three years old. The two met again in 1883 when Woodrow visited his cousin in Georgia and he proposed just five months later. They wed in 1885 and had three daughters, Margaret, Jessie and Eleanor.
Ellen was a descendant of slave owners and spent much of her time improving the capital's largely black slums. Using her power, her voice carried over to debutantes and congressmen who passed a remedial bill shortly after her death. Ellen died of Bright's disease in the White House in August 1914. She asked her physician to tell Woodrow to marry again the day before she passed. Woodrow would marry Edith Bolling in December 1915.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review