2014 Australia 1/2 oz Silver Mother's Love Proof (Lioness)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
The special bond between a mother lioness and her cubs is forged from when she withdraws from her pride to deliver them in seclusion. This is the first release in a heart-warming series from the Perth Mint.
- Contains 0.5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a presentation display case and illustrated shipper with a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 4,500 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value.
- Reverse: This coin features a golden lion club being nurtured by its mother among the grasslands. The inscription "Lioness" and The Perth Mint's 'P' mintmark also appear in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
With her newborns dependent on her for weeks after birth, the protective mother frequently relocates her young to prevent them from being detected by predators. On return to her pride, the family of lionesses unites to raise the cubs and help them immerse in pride life. The love between a lioness and her cubs is tenderly expressed by affectionate displays of caressing and social licking.
Other releases in the Mother's Love series include Asian Elephant, Giraffe, Bear and Orangutan.
60% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Elizabeth, coin collector
Date:May 2, 2014
The picture on the coin is cute. However, in person, the lion and her cub appear to be pasted on and that is never good. I gave this an average rank for that reason. I was a little disappointed with the quality of this coin.
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
- Attractive Design
- Has A Pasted On Look
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.