1990 Isle of Man 1 oz Proof Gold Penny Black Gem PCGS/NGC
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsBeautifully preserved, this award-winning coin features a historic design with high relief details.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- This example has been certified Gem Proof by either PCGS or NGC, our choice depending on available inventory.
- Features a revolutionary darkened Proof finish, giving the coin a gray appearance.
- Mintage of only 999 coins.
- Obverse: Carries an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Lord of Mann, by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS.
- Reverse: Features the design by Henry Corbould showing the profile of the young Queen Victoria.
- Guaranteed by the Isle of Man government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any numismatic collection. Add this 1990 Isle of Man 1 oz Proof Gold Penny Black Gem PCGS/NGC commemorative coin to your cart today!
Back in 1990, Pobjoy Mint issued a coin which was the most innovative coin of its time and in fact was awarded with no less than Three Coin of the Year Awards: Best Crown, Most Innovative Coinage and overall Coin of the Year.
This coin was produced to commemorate the anniversary of the world’s first adhesive stamp which was introduced in Britain in 1840 by the famous reformer, Rowland Hill. The stamp made philatelic history, with a beautiful but simple design by Henry Corbould showing the profile of the young Queen Victoria. This stamp became popularly known the world over as the “Penny Black”.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.