2014 Canada Glow in the Dark Prehistoric Creature Tiktaalik
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsFourth Coin in the Prehistoric Creature Series! A mintage of only 30,000 coins adds to the collectibility of this issue. Previous coins have sold out at the mint.
- Minted in cupro nickel.
- Coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint branded maroon clamshell case lined with black flock and protected by a customized colored sleeve with glow-in-the-dark elements.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist Julius Csotonyi, the stunning colored coin illustrates palaeontologists' rendition of what Tiktaalik roseae probably looked like.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this Glow in the Dark Prehistoric Creature Tiktaalik coin to your cart today!
For best effect, place the coin in sunlight, fluorescent, or incandescent light for 30 – 60 seconds then bring the coin into the dark to reveal the skeleton of this prehistoric creature.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Being the first glow in the dark coins in the world made these coins an investment. I'm sure that ten years down the road they should at least double in value. The Tiktaalik coin needs to be exposed to VERY bright for at least 60 seconds to enable you to see the full skeleton. The series would have been better if Her Majesty glowed as well.
- Collectible (lower mintage)
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.