This unique coin celebrating the 25th anniversary of the first Austrian Gold Philharmonic is the only way to own a Gold Philharmonic coin in even more beautiful Proof finish.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the PF-70 condition of the coin.
- The Early Release designation ensures that this coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release.
- Obverse: The Great Organ of the Golden Hall in Vienna’s concert hall, the Musikverein, along with the year, weight and face value.
- Reverse: An array of instruments, including the cello, violin, harp, Vienna horn and bassoon.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Protect and display your Gold Philharmonic in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 2014 Austria 1/4 oz Proof Gold Philharmonic graded PF-70 Early Release by NGC to your cart today!
On February 1, 2008, a 1 oz Silver version of the coin was issued. The Silver Philharmonics feature the same designs found on the Gold Philharmonics and are made of .999 fine Silver. The Austrian Mint decided to further expand their Philharmonic line with a 1 oz Platinum coin in 2016. The Platinum Philharmonic kept the same design as the Gold and Silver Philharmonics and is made from .9995 fine Platinum.
For the 15th anniversary of the Vienna Philharmonic Gold bullion coin in 2004, the Austrian Mint created a 1,000 oz version with a face value of €100,000. The "Big Phil" coin contains 31.103 kg of .9999 fine Gold. For the 20th anniversary, the Austrian Mint created a 20 oz .9999 fine Gold Philharmonic coin. On the 25th anniversary, the Austrian Mint introduced a new size in the series with the 1/25 oz .9999 fine Gold Philharmonic coin that is a permanent size for the series.