With a low mintage of only 15,000, this unique coin captures understanding of our global climate.
Hundreds of years ago, the Arctic was viewed as the gateway to the world. It was clear that there was a need to study this unknown land where Sir Martin Frobisher searched for the Northwest Passage in 1576. Later other explorers followed suit and knowledge grew. Since the first Polar Year, much remains to be understood about the polar regions.
- Contains 1 oz of .925 fine Silver.
- Comes in a plastic capsule inside a clamshell presentation box with certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 15,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: Features Sir Martin Frobisher, a ship alongside a 16th century compass and an Inuit paddling a traditional kayak.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful 2007 Silver International Polar Year coin to your cart today!