Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
Series 1966 $100 United States Notes (Red Seal). These notes are very popular among collectors!
- These $100 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1966.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1966.
- These notes will be in Fine condition.
- Each note has a portrait of Benjamin Franklin on the front with an engraving of Independence Hall on the back.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $100 denomination did not carry over when the switch was made to small size notes in 1928. The first issue came in 1966 and continued until the early 1970s when this type was discontinued. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers and competitive prices make them great collector’s items.
Granahan/Fowler signatures Friedberg#1550.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review