Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .5209 oz of Silver.
- Each of these magnificent coins comes with a box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 50,000 coins.
- Obverse: Shows a young man escaping from oppression and totalitarianism, represented by the Berlin Wall and barbed wire.
- Reverse: The same man at the same moment emerges into the "Free World".
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Add this Silver €20 Iron Curtain Proof coin to your cart today!
Bordered by the Eastern Bloc for decades, Austria felt the presence of the Iron Curtain far more than most other western countries, and its fall in 1989 was particularly significant to the Austrians. Picturing the decisive events associated with the collapse of the Berlin Wall, this ingenious and resonant Silver coin celebrates the 25th anniversary of one of the key events in recent world history.
Famous landmarks standing for the nations involved in the process that led to the end of the Cold War also grace the reverse: the Charles Bridge in Prague for the former Czechoslovakia, the Riesenrad Ferris wheel in Vienna for Austria, the Chain Bridge in Budapest for Hungary, Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate for Germany and the Statue of Liberty for the U.S.A.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.