2013 Niue 2 oz Silver $5 Gods of Ancient Greece Proof (Aphrodite)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The second release of the sold-out Gods of Ancient Greece series by the New Zealand Mint features the beautiful Aphrodite, Goddess of love, beauty and pleasure in a high relief, proof finish!
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Attractively displayed inside a coin case imitating a classic Greek temple of the Ionic order.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, with her name, the year, and the legal tender value of “TWO DOLLARS” along the edge.
- Reverse: Features an iconic image of the birth of the Goddess Aphrodite, appearing from white ocean foam in a shell that carries her to shore. The engraving has a high relief finish.
- Coin is issued by New Zealand Mint as legal tender, under the authority of Niue Island.
A Goddess of love, beauty, and pleasure, the Aphrodite coin is a classic to have in your collection. Add the 2013 2 oz Silver Aphrodite Gods of Ancient Greece Proof coin to your cart today!
The design for this 2 oz rectangular Silver coin has been inspired by ancient sculpture, coins and architecture of the classical Ancient Greece. Aphrodite was the Ancient Greek Goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation. Born near Paphos, on the island of Cyprus, Ancient Greek mythology tells the story that Aphrodite’s birth was the consequence of an argument between the Gods. Because of her beauty, other Gods feared jealousy would interrupt the peace among them and lead to war, so Zeus married her to the God Hephaestus, who was not viewed as a threat. However, Aphrodite had many lovers, both Gods and men.
Gods of Ancient Greece Series
The set of 5 "Gods of Ancient Greece" coins are designed to line up to represent an Ancient Greek temple. The coin title is Gold foiled on the attractive marble-esque outer case. These 5 coins are sold out at the Mint, and are rare to come by!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.