2014 Canada 1 oz Silver Lost Ships R.M.S Empress of Ireland
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
First coin in a 3-coin series that commemorates well-known vessels that have been lost in Canadian waters, and the stories that have emerged from the events surrounding their final fate.
Sold Out at the mint.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 Fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in a maroon clamshell beauty box from the mint along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 7,000 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist John Horton with selective paint used to recreate the imminent collision of R.M.S Empress of Ireland and the Norwegian collier Storstad during the early morning hours of May 29, 1914. Edge-lettering displays the ship's name, as well as a bell, representing one of the recovered artifacts from the wreck.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Add this Lost Ships R.M.S Empress of Ireland coin to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
From:Allegheny Cty, Pa
Date:Jun 4, 2014
This particular coin, which is the first release of a 3 coin set in RCM's new "Lost ships in Canadian waters" series shows a very dramatic and muted colored image of the fully lit "Empress of Ireland" steaming forward on a dark and foggy St Lawrence river. Also slightly visible on the coin's image to the port side of the Empress and historically significant is a faint depiction of the Norwegian vessel "Storstad" prior to the fatal collision of both those ships in 1914.(100 year anniversary). Great addition for any nautical enthusiast collectors! Looking forward to the next 2 releases in this series.
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Attractive Design
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.