1988 Great Britain 1 oz Gold Britannia Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
In July 1988, the Royal Mint was authorized by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to issue new United Kingdom Gold Bullion £100 Coins. These beautiful Gold coins are named after the symbolic figure of Britannia, who graces the reverse design.
- Contains 1 oz of .9167 fine Gold.
- Comes in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Features an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: The legendary figure of Britannia holding a trident and shield. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect and display your 1988 Gold Britannia in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This 1988 Gold Britannia coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection. Add this 1988 Great Britain Proof Gold 1 oz Britannia to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
From:Orange County, CA
Date:Oct 2, 2015
This 1 ounce 1988 gold Britannia is an absolutely beautiful coin. I had purchased another coin before with the 3exact same obverse of Britannia except that it was minted in 2013. I returned it because the relief was very shallow and it looked like a weak strike. I was hesitant to order this 1988 version because I thought it would be like this also. I took a chance and ordered it anyway. When it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The relief in the 1988 coin is much higher than in the 2013 coin. As it turns out, the 1988 gold Britannia is the most attractive coin I own.
- Attractive Design
- Mint Condition