1862 $1.00 (T-45) Lucy Pickens Steamship Fine
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
Superb vignette of a 3-masted paddlewheel steamship and an oval portrait of Lucy Pickens, depicting "Southern Womanhood." This note has the numeral "1" and word "ONE" printed in green on the front to add a splash of color to an otherwise drab issue.
- This is from the group of notes to be issued in 1862 by the Confederate States during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A moderately circulated example in Fine condition.
- Catalogued as T-45. Hand-signed and serial numbered
- Face: Central vignette of a 3-masted paddlewheel steamship at center, Liberty at left, and an oval portrait of Lucy Pickens, depicting "Southern Womanhood." at lower right.
- Back: Blank back
These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs. Add one of these classic collectibles to your cart today!
This note has seen moderate wear, but is intact without the usual damages typical of these CSA paper money issues due to the quality of paper being used. This note is an affordable example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.