- Product Details
Product DetailsThese .999 fine Silver APMEXclusive® coins honor the great hammerhead shark. This issue has been certified a perfect 70 by PCGS, one of the top coin grading services, adding further collectibility on top of the 300,000 coin maximum mintage.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Second release in the APMEXclusive® Perth Mint Shark Series.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect MS-70 condition of the coin.
- The First Strike label guarantees this coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features a great hammerhead shark, surrounded by the name, weight and purity, along with the Perth Mint's "P" mintmark.
Display your Great Hammerhead Shark in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The Perth Mint has once again produced a coin enjoyed by all. Add this MS-70 2015 1/2 oz Silver Hammerhead Shark to your cart today!
It is dusk, and the great hammerhead shark scours the sea floor for its next meal. This solitary predator is different from other sharks. The great hammerhead shark’s uniquely hammer-shaped head and sickle-shaped dorsal fin is recognized worldwide. Seeing this image in person is fascinating enough, but seeing hundreds of great hammerhead sharks migrating up the coastlines is a sight to behold. We have marveled at the sight of this oddly shaped shark for centuries. This intriguingly shaped shark is why the design of the 1/2 oz Silver Great Hammerhead Shark coin has been created by the Perth Mint.
We have received these Silver coins as an APMEXclusive® from the Perth Mint, which means you will be unable to get this beautiful design anywhere else. This exclusivity, combined with a strictly low mintage, adds an aspect of collectibility to these low premium Silver coins.
The magnificent great hammerhead shark is the largest species of hammerhead, growing up to 20 feet in length. On average they are around 11 feet long and weigh 500 pounds. They can be distinguished from other shark species by the shape of their head and the tall, curved first dorsal fin.
60% of reviewers recommend this product
bought 2 got 1 mint one was spotted pretty bad other than that they look cool
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Poor Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.