2013 Great Britain 1/4 oz Silver Britannia SS Gairsoppa BU
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Buy Price
In 1941 the SS Gairsoppa was carrying much needed supplies to a Britain in the grip of the Second World War, including Silver destined for The Royal Mint, when she was torpedoed.
- Contains 1/4 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins will be in protective packaging.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
This 2013 Silver Britannia SS Gairsoppa coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection. Add this 2013 Silver Britannia SS Gairsoppa to your cart today!
For 70 years she has lain below almost three miles of icy water, until she was discovered in 2011. Her precious cargo has now been recovered and coins have been struck bearing the ‘queen of the seas, Britannia, in the ship’s honor. Each coin has been struck to bullion standard, fitting for a treasure reborn from the deep. The beautiful portrait of Britannia standing as Britain’s guardian by Philip Nathan features on the coins, each with the ship’s name as an edge inscription in a lasting tribute to Gairsoppa and her crew. This is a limited presentation of 20,000 coins, for of course only a small quantity of Gairsoppa’s Silver will ever be minted.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.