1907 $20 Saint-Gaudens Gold High Relief Wire Rim MS-64 NGC
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe 1907 Saint-Gaudens High Relief is considered by many to be the most beautiful of all U.S. coins. The High Relief Wire Rim variety is popular among numismatists as a one year only type.
- Contains .9675 oz of Gold.
- NGC encapsulation authenticates and protects the MS-64 condition of the coin.
- Mintage of only 12,367 coins.
- Obverse: Shows Lady Liberty striding in front of the sun's rays with a fiery torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left.
- Reverse: Features a majestic bald eagle in flight with "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" and "TWENTY DOLLARS" above.
- Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and minted from 1907-1933.
Protect your investment by adding a beautiful presentation box to your order today!
NGC, one of the top two coin grading services, has guaranteed the Near Gem Brilliant Mint State-64 condition of this coin, adding collectability to the beloved design. Enhance your collection by adding this $20 Saint-Gaudens Gold Double Eagle to your cart today!
The Mint was forced to strike each example multiple times on the press in order to bring up the details of the coin. The coins were also impractical for long-term production because the relief was too high to serve well in commercial channels.
There are two varieties of this issue: most examples display a fin or wire rim caused by excess pressure forcing the coins to strike high on the collar. Coins struck after December 20, 1907 have a flat rim. Both varieties usually command a similar premium.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.