1869 $1.00 Legal Tender Washington VG
Rollover to Zoom
The note pictured is the exact note you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsA popular issue as one of the "Rainbow Series" issued beginning in 1869! This is the first One Dollar Legal Tender notes to be issued by the United States after the Civil War. As you can see, these notes are highly desirable!
- Series of 1869 $1 United States Legal Tender Note.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- An nice Very Fine plus example.
- Face: Superb portrait of George Washington, 1st President of the United States with the "Landing of Columbus" at left and a large red Treasury seal.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
This series has become a favorite with collectors due to the colorful fronts which give these their nickname of "Rainbow Notes". Add one of these classics to your cart today!
Allison/Spinner signatures—Friedberg #18.
This note has seen considerable wear, but is intact without the usual distraction typical of these early U.S. paper money issues. This is still a decent and affordable example of this early note!
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.