- Product Details
Product DetailsPaddington Bear™, with his famous hat, battered suitcase, duffle coat and love of marmalade, has become a classic character in English children’s literature.
- Contains .91 oz. of .925 Sterling Silver.
- Each coin comes in its original box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Displays an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Lord of Mann, by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS.
- Reverse: Features an image of Paddington himself, carrying his suitcase and waving to his adoring fans.
- Guaranteed by the government of the Isle of Man.
- Limited Mintage of 10,000 coins.
On Christmas Eve 1956, Michael Bond was in a London department store when he spotted a small bear. It was the last one on the shelf and, rather than leave him on his own, he purchased him for his wife. This bear inspired Bond to write a story and in 10 days he had written the first book, and the rest, as they say, is history.
In the first story, Paddington arrives at Paddington Station, London as a stowaway from Darkest Peru. He is found by the Brown family, sitting on his suitcase with a label around his neck that reads “Please look after this bear. Thank you”. The friendly bear, with his famous hat, battered suitcase, duffle coat and love of marmalade, has become a classic character in English children’s literature.
The Paddington books have been translated into 40 languages, across 70 titles and more than 35 million copies have been sold worldwide. In 2014 a live action film “Paddington” was released, introducing this loveable character to a whole new generation of fans.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.