1935 PDS Texas Half Dollar Set MS-65/66 PCGS (Old Green Holders)
Rollover to Zoom
The coin pictured is the exact coin you will receive.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThese coins have been graded by PCGS and awarded a high grades of MS-65/66 as well as being in the older green holders with consecutive serial numbers. These coins were struck to commemorate the independence of Texas from Mexico in 1836.
- Each coin contains .3617 oz of Silver for a total Silver weight of 1.085 oz.
- Encapsulation by PCGS guarantees the condition of these coins.
- Mintages: 9,996, 10,007 and 10,008 coins.
- Obverse: Features the large five-pointed star behind the eagle.
- Reverse: Depicts a kneeling figure of winged victory and on each side, medallions with portraits of General Sam Houston and Stephan Austin.
- Designed by Pompeo Coppini.
- Guaranteed by the United States Mint.
Protect and display your Texas Half Dollar Set in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
This commemorative coin set will make an excellent addition to any collection. Add this historical Half Dollar set to your order today!
The Battle of the Alamo (February 23 – March 6, 1836) was a pivotal event in the Texas Revolution. Following a 13-day siege, Mexican troops under President General Antonio López de Santa Anna launched an assault on the Alamo Mission near San Antonio de Béxar (modern-day San Antonio, Texas, United States), killing all of the Texian defenders. Santa Anna's cruelty during the battle inspired many Texians, both Texas settlers and adventurers from the United States, to join the Texian Army. Buoyed by a desire for revenge, the Texians defeated the Mexican Army at the Battle of San Jacinto, on April 21, 1836, ending the revolution.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.