2015 Canada Silver Legacy of the Canadian Nickel (Identification)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown. Coins will not have toning unless otherwise noted.
- Product Details
Product DetailsThroughout its history, the Canadian nickel has transformed and reveals the growth of a mint that would eventually come into its own. This new "Legacy of the Canadian Nickel" series from the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint will feature 5-cent coins.
This series continues with the 1951 five-cent coin design that commemorated the 200th anniversary of the identification of nickel as an element.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a graphic outer box.
- Obverse: Effigy of King George VI.
- Reverse: Features Stephen Trenka’s 1951 commemorative nickel design of a nickel refinery with three maple leaves below it.
- Offers a detailed recreation of the original design, while multiple finishes and expert sculpting further enhance the image by adding more depth.
- Each coin within the series is faithful to the original design and includes the effigy of the reigning monarch at the time of the coin’s original issue date.
Add this beautifully gilded coin to your cart today!
Throughout its history, each of the nickel’s transformations provides a glimpse of a young nation that was seeking to define itself, and a Mint that would quickly come into its own. This Legacy of the Canadian Nickel series is a retrospective look at the history of 5-cent coins minted by the Royal Canadian Mint; it continues with the two maple leaves design used from 1922 to 1936 that first earned the 5-cent coin its “nickel” nickname.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.