This coin is the second issue in a series that explores the diversity and beauty of Canada's forests. The Coast Shore Pine forest spans the entire coast of British Columbia to Alaska, and is a total of 16.5 million hectares.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes in a maroon clamshell with a decorative sleeve.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: The reverse design by Canadian artist Margaret Best features the coast forest’s distinct intersection of ocean, mountains and forest with a detail of the Shore Pine, just one of many captivating tree species found in this unique forest.
- Second release of an 8 coin series from the prestigious Royal Canadian Mint.
The Shore Pine’s crooked trunk and twisted branches are testament to the wind’s sculpting influence. In fact, the tree’s Latin name, Pinus contorta, means “tangled pine.” Add this 2015 1 oz Silver Coast Shore Pine coin to your cart today!
This forest includes Vancouver Island, Haida Gwaii and BC’s multitude of coastal islands. Mountains, steep valleys, coastal lowlands, inlets and fjords mingle in never-ending combinations. Together, they shape the air as it rushes in from the sea, and in turn, the ocean wind shapes the land and everything that lives on it.