Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsWith a mintage of just 10,000 coins, this coin commemorates the 175th anniversary of the Penny Black Stamp.
- Contains .91 oz of .925 Silver.
- Obverse: Carries an effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Lord of Mann, by Ian Rank-Broadley FRBS.
- Reverse: Features the design by Henry Corbould showing the profile of the young Queen Victoria.
- Guaranteed by the Isle of Man government.
- Comes in original red Mint box with COA.
- Mintage of only 10,000 coins.
Back in 1990, Pobjoy Mint issued a coin which was the most innovative coin of its time and in fact was awarded with no less than Three Coin of the Year Awards: Best Crown, Most Innovative Coinage and overall Coin of the Year.
The coin in question was produced to commemorate the anniversary of the world’s first adhesive stamp which was introduced in Britain in 1840 by the famous reformer, Rowland Hill. The stamp made philatelic history, with a beautiful but simple design by Henry Corbould showing the profile of the young Queen Victoria. This stamp became popularly known the world over as the “Penny Black”.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.