2015 Australia 1 oz Silver Kookaburra 25th Anniv Proof (HR)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
- Product Details
- Why Buy Silver
Product Details2015 marks the 25th anniversary of the original Australian Kookaburra coin design which was first released in 1990 and designed by Dr. Stuart Devlin AO CMG.
- The high relief strike adds depth and definition to this coin.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Comes in original Mint box with a COA.
- Mintage of only 8,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the date, and the denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts an adult kookaburra sitting on a tree stump surrounded by eucalyptus leaves and a fern. The design includes the inscription “THE AUSTRALIAN KOOKABURRA”, The Perth Mint’s special “P25” mintmark, and the year-dates 1990 – 2015.
- Guaranteed by the Australian government.
The kookaburra is fondly known for its distinctive call which sounds similar to human laughter, and can be heard echoing through the trees at dawn and dusk. Add this 2015 Australian 1 oz Silver Kookaburra coin in High Relief to your cart today!
How do high relief 1 oz Silver coins differ from regular Silver coins?
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Silver Kookaburra coin series, these Silver coins were produced in high relief. Compare these 1 oz Silver coins to their traditionally-struck counterparts and you will notice that the design of the high relief coins stands out and reveals more details. When creating high relief Australian coins, the Perth Mint uses specially made high relief dies and extra thick blanks that are concave to allow the metal to flow properly. This Silver bullion is the fourth high relief coin released as part of the popular series, with the first high relief Silver Kookaburra being offered in 2012.
Add the 1 oz Silver coin to your world coin collection.
Buy the Silver Kookaburra coin, and expand your world coin collection to include this iconic coin from Australia. The 1 oz Silver coins feature the Kookaburra, a tree kingfisher native to Australia and New Guinea. As you collect Silver bullion from around the world, you will find that many coins reflect the flora and fauna of their native country like this Australian coin does. Within our inventory of world coins, you will find everything from China Silver Panda coins to Silver American eagles to add to your collection.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.